iPhone 6 Review

Thursday, April 09, 2015


I recently got a new contract, and decided to hop along the iOS train. I never thought this would happen, EVER. I've been a very strong Android, particularly Samsung, lover. However when I got my MacBook, I realised just how hard it is to transfer things from my phone to my computer. (Believe me when I say I have at least 100 emails from myself to myself!) So when I was given the option to upgrade to either the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or the iPhone 6, I really had to sit down and think it over. I am a die hard tech lover, and so I spent endless hours tossing them both up, deciding which one was best, but also which one would be better for me. In the end, the iPhone won me over. I've had it for a good while now, and thought a review would be in order. 

First things first (I'm the realest ;-)), it's so freaking simple. This phone is simple, but you must have owned an apple device in the past. It's virtually a small iPad, which I kinda love. I find that the layout is a lot easier on the iPhone, it's laid out in a way that you can do everything you wish to - as long as you have memory that is - but you can call contacts very easily. 

When I received it, the first thing I realised was how easy it is to hold. I had the Samsung Galaxy S4, and sometimes it was a bit awkward to hold, but with the metal back, I find it easier to hold, and nicer! I also liked how similar the buttons where to my old phone, I didn't have to try and search around the phone to try and find ports or volume buttons. The "Silent" button on the left side is a time saver. Before I would have to mess about trying to get my phone on silent, but this is just a simple switch. I am also very happy that they moved the lock button onto the side, it's right where my thumb lays and was a good decision for Apple. 

The thumb-print sensor on the home button, I find kind of pointless. I usually just type in my number lock, and as I don't really download many apps, I don't use it that often. However, when I do use it, I like how much safer I feel. People cannot see the number lock on my phone, so they cannot access it, and nor do they know my iTunes password. 

I love the screen quality. It's very clear and makes everything really bright and find the screen resolution to be a lot higher than I expected. 

The main thing I love about this phone though, is that I can so easily transfer everything quickly between my Mac and it. I can also FaceTime my family, I used to do it very often on my iPad, but with the iPhone, it's so much easier, and lighter, and doesn't ache your arm!!! 

I didn't find the battery to be any better nor worse than my old phone. I'm pretty used to trying not to use it, to conserve battery life. I do hate though, when it's at 20%, and the little red bar comes onto the screen. It really irritates me. 

One thing I really wish the iPhone could have, would be a back button. I hate going to the top corner and pressing 'x'. Many times on Twitter or Facebook, have I tried to press the right side to the Home Button, wanting to get off the picture or video. It's just time consuming, and annoying. 

Two things that really annoy me with the iPhone were the colours. They were very limited, and I might be the only one, but I hate the gold one. I also already have an iPad Air in Space Grey, so I felt the only colour I could really have was the 'Silver'. It's nice, but it's more the colour you choose if you know you are going to have a case on. The other thing that ticked me off, was that Apple seem to have abandoned the 32GB option. You either choose the 16GB, 64GB or 128GB. I think this is crap, especially when the price difference is so high between the 16 and 64GB. 32GB is the perfect size to know that you always have extra space when needed. I got the 16GB as I felt that 64GB might have been a bit too much, and also because it was sooo expensive!! My package is bad enough!

Overall, I am happy I got the phone. I love it and would recommend it. But when I see people out with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I do regret not choosing it. I think it mostly depends on what type of person you are. You are either an Apple fan, or Android! This choice is getting harder to choose as time goes on, and both advance so much, but it is a choice only you can make. So what do you think you are Android or iOS? Fight down below which ones better! I still haven't properly made my mind up, but at the moment, iOS is the one I turn to. 

Signing off, 



xoxo



You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...