Spy: Film Review

Saturday, October 03, 2015


Ever since I found out all my favourite actors were in one film, I knew I had to watch it. We finally got the chance. Yesterday, we finally all got the chance to sit down and watch it. It exceeded all my expectations. 

If you haven't heard about Spy, it is a Action/Comedy movie. It features Melissa McCarthy, Jason Statham, Jude Law (<3), Rose Byrne and Miranda Hart. I know, I bet you are thinking, how the hell are all these people in one movie? I thought the exact same thing! 

It's not how I expected it to be. I expected a 'spy' movie spoof. Having Melissa McCarthy and Miranda Hart, I thought it was going to be some stupid movie, that was ridiculously funny because it was crap. However as soon as it started, I knew it was no spoof. It was going to be a genuine Spy movie. Jude Law acted very much like James Bond! Although he is a gorgeous man, like really gorgeous man, his American accent was a turn off. He's known for his strong British accent, and it's so seductive, so hearing him speak with a different accent, was horrible and just...no. Paul Feig what were you thinking!? 

Ridiculously beautiful, right ladies?
Although Jude Law is my #MCE, I was more attracted to this film for Miranda Hart and Melissa McCarthy. I found out about this film a couple months back, when I was just scrolling through Melissa McCarthys IMDB, when a link to Spy came up. I was interested more when I saw Paul Feig was directing. Paul is the director of other films such as Bridemaids, The Heat, and some TV episodes. I knew how well his other movies had gone down and how hilarious his recent films are. 

The fact that Miranda Hart is in a movie, shocked me. To any Brit, she is the hilarious comedienne we have to thank for the comedy sketch 'Miranda'. I have loved and admired her for years. In fact, she's actually one of my favourite comedians, and Miranda is also one of my favourite programmes. With this fact, I had to watch the movie. I had to know how she was in a movie, if she was going to have a funny role or not. One thing I expected was Miranda to have a small role, like just a couple of scenes. However, I was pleasantly shocked when I realised she has quite a significant role in the film. 

The legend that is Miranda Hart. 
Melissa McCarthy. What else can I say? She is an amazing actress and comedienne. She is the main character of the film, and she excels. She is amazing, and her one liners, and banter with Miranda, is the best thing. One thing I cannot wait for, is the blooper reel to come out! 

Melissa McCarthy is my ideal Best Friend!
One actor I wasn't sure about was Jason Statham. I'm not a big fan of his movies, as they are mostly action, which isn't really my kind of genre. He very much surprised me. I loved his role and his blunt comedy. My sense of humour, if you haven't already guessed, is crap. I have a very dry sense of humour, which is typical of 'Brits' so I'm a sucker for one liners, or just silly moments that aren't meant to be that funny! 

If you haven't already seen it, I highly highly recommend it. It's a great spy movie, and comedy. It's everything I wanted it to be and more. The film comes out November 9th in the UK, however it is currently available early on Instant download. 

If you have any film recommendations, either tweet me them or leave a comment!

Konnie

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...