TOBI'S TWO!

Monday, February 15, 2016




Tobi - if you haven't read my last blog post - is my new baby. He is a Bengal Eagle Owl, and today, he turns two!


We've only had Tobi for a month and yet I feel like I've had him from a chick! Him and I had this instant connection. Although he still does mess me about whilst flying, he is brilliant. 

A Bengal EO is something I've been looking for, for a while. I am a huge fan of the 'medium' sized owls. Don't get me wrong, I love Bear and Scooby. However there is something about the 'medium' owls. Tango has been my pride and joy for several years, and Tobi is already up there with her!



He has adjusted so well to being with us, and has made me so happy. He is essentially a smaller, lighter - both colour wise and weight - Koby. Something I am overjoyed with!

Koby is our 4 year old European Eagle Owl. Although he may look quite...scary, he is nothing but a huge teddy bear. Tobi has his mannerisms and I'm thrilled! 

This is Koby, posing in the autumn sun!

We bought him mostly because he was flying free. Although I love to train my own birds from young, something was telling me to get him. When we got him, his previous owner - who Tobi didn't like - told us that he didn't like to be touched, or held for too long. He was used mostly in just flying displays and that was it. However, when we got home, he was cuddling. Literally cuddling me! He is just about perfect. 

We are hoping that with some training, he will be able to come out with us! I have yet to take him out on a walk yet, which annoys me, but it will be happening soon! 


As you can see from the pictures, Tobi is ridiculously photogenic, so be expecting lots of pictures of him! 

Happy Birthday Tob, we all love you! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...