NATIONAL PET DAY!!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017


Happy National Pet Day everyone! Quickly, go and hug your pet! I thought today would be the perfect day to talk about my 'pets' and introduce 3 new additions! 

~

If you watch my vlogs, then you will immediately know who my new additions are. Firstly, we have pair. I know, I know, more pairs? What you gonna do now?! We have a pair of Barn Owls, not breeding, they are siblings. Two days apart, and around 10 months now. They are stunning!

~

I would like to introduce Bae. Weird, I know, but you'll understand when you know the others name ;-)! Bae is a Female Barn Owl, we know this because she is covered in spots! We got them two months ago, and it's been a long process! Their previous owner (and breeder) hand reared them, and then left them in an aviary for around 4 months. Fair to say, they didn't have a clue who we were, and what we were going to do to/with them. Bae was originally called Smartie, however we decided to change her name as they never knew their name before. She was called Smartie due to the massive and excessive amount of spots! She is stunning, and is the spottiest Barn I have seen! She also has a more wider, flatter face. 


The second Barn Owl is called Boo! He is what I call the 'Classic Barn Owl', he is paler in colour, has a white belly with a few spots along the sides, but not enough to be female. He is also considerably smaller than Bae is. I've had to cut their weights down so I can work with them better, and Boo is at least 1 oz less than Bae. It's been a hard path! As they are quite small, they weigh around 9-11oz, I have to be very careful with how much weight I drop and how quickly. I don't want to cut their weight down dramatically, as it can be fatal. It's taken me a couple weeks to be able to get them jumping for food, and they're coming along fantastically! 


The third addition isn't a bird! I know, strange!! It is in fact a puppy! On the 25th March, we brought home Ralph! He is our (now) 11 week old Black Labrador cross pup! He's gorgeously annoying! He is such a stunning pup, but he is hard work and bity! He's been amazing with pretty much everything apart from 'bedtime' and biting. He doesn't really show an interest in the birds - he wants to say hello and play with them, but not violently! He's been so good, that none of the birds really care about him. Boo and Bae are both fine with him, Louie and Smokey are basically best pals with him! It's incredible to watch, and after Jester, it's not something I ever thought I would witness again! We took him out on his first walk yesterday, and he did really well! He's also been on two little ones today - he met his first dog! He's been exactly what we've wanted. Except for the holes in my hands and clothes! He loves to only bite me, any tips and tricks for that!? 


Go and subscribe to my YouTube so you don't miss any Ralph updates! 

~

I really wanted to take this time out, just to say my appreciation for all my animals. They're certainly not pets, but they have been with me through a lot, and I honestly don't know what I would do without them. I love you all. 

Go and give your 'pet' some loving! 

Konnie

xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...