MEET BILLIE!

Tuesday, July 11, 2017


Welcome Blog, to July 2017. *sigh* I know, it's been a while! I've been so busy that I haven't been able to do much - let alone run a blog!

Today's post is a special one. Hopefully, one I will look back on and be happy I did it! 

Today, I would like you all to meet Billie. 


As you have probably guessed by now, Billie is a Barn Owl! He/She is currently 5 1/2 weeks old, and I'm in love. 

Billie is currently everything Bear was. Outgoing, talkative, loving, food mad! Exactly what I needed to put a band aid over the missing part of me. 

I'm currently taking her everywhere with me. I want her to be as adjusted to everything as can be! So far, she has been shopping, friends houses, weddings, garden centres! She's an owl about town ;-)! 



For Barns, I consider this one of the best stages. They're so inquisitive, and curious, but as they don't have their feathers through yet, they cannot fly. For Billie to get anywhere, she must waddle, and it's the cutest waddle ever! It's very similar to a penguins! I love watching her. 

Ralph also adores her. He is doing very well! He gets a bit curious too, and considers her to be one of us, so he will lick her, and try to play (which isn't always good!) 

Billie is not impressed!!

I can't tell you how nice it is to have a Barn Owl that you hand-reared. There is something so, so special! After Bear, I realised how much I relied on our relationship, and how much I needed it. When it was gone, I felt like a part of me was missing. Bae and Boo have really helped me, but nothing beats one that has grown up with/around you. 

I'm just not impressed by the 4am wake-up call of a very loud obnoxious screech! Not nice at all!!!


There is also a Vlog going up, all about Billie and I will be documenting most of her growth on my YouTube channel! So please go and subscribe! Keep an eye out for little Billie :-D 

I'll try and keep you updated on her progress! I can't wait to see what she will look like!!

Konnie 

xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...